Check back soon for updated COVID-19 Saftey Guidelines for the 2021-22 season!
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
What we are doing:
- All classes have a strict 30% capacity limit.
- Before and after every class... all cubbies, countertops, doorknobs, ballet barres, as well as the entire academy will be disinfected with an antibacterial fog.
- Socially distanced markings, waiting areas, and dance floor spacing.
What we ask you and your dancer to do:
- Face coverings must be worn while entering the building and must remain on until your dancer's instructor allows them to enter the studio. At this time, dancers may remove their mask and store it, then proceed to enter the dance studio. After class, your dancer will put back on their mask immediately then may exit the building.
- Anybody entering the academy will enter through the front door and walk towards the office. At this time, anyone entering the building will have their temperature taken. A temperature recorded above 100.4ºF is considered a fever, and this person will not be permitted into the building for the rest of the day.
- Parents are not permitted into the building at any times (other than registration/ tuition concerns in the office or Darcy's Dancewear Boutique). We WILL allow parents with dancers younger than age 8 to be permitted into the building.
- Ensure your dancer is registered for class before arriving to the academy.
What we all can do to ensure a fun and healthy dance year:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Stay home if you don't feel well.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Practice social distancing as much as possible.
Tuition Payment Schedule
Tuition is billed on a monthly basis. We will bill tuition fees on the first of the month from October thru May. Tuition fees are due on the 7th of each month. September's tuition is billed and due upon registration.
The academy has specified parking spots for our use and we need to ensure that we are in strict accordance to those spots. Please park in only the Academy designated spots according to the signage posted. If you have any questions, please ask any of our staff.
Drop Off and Pick Up
Please make sure your child is dropped off and picked up in a timely manner. As you can see from the schedule posted on this site, our classes are booked back-to-back, and we need to keep the "traffic" flowing.
Costumes are picked by Darcy and staff sometime in early November, and will be billed to you by late November or early December. All costume orders and payments must be returned to the Academy before we close for our Holiday break. We are available to measure your child during regular class times. Costumes are normally delivered in early to late May.
We will send out an e-mail blast to notify you of closings at least 1 hour before any scheduled class. Please make sure we have a current email on file. We will post a message on our answering machine (845-628-4600), as well as on the News section of our home page at least one hour before the scheduled start of class.
Food and Drink
Please restrict your consumption of snacks to the waiting rooms. It is very difficult to keep the studios clean otherwise. No chewing gum please! Please remember to clean up after yourselves.
Children are always welcome at the studio when monitored by an adult. Please keep track of your little ones (we have had incidents of toilets being stuffed with paper towels, clothing being thrown out of windows, etc.).
Lost and Found
Please put your name on everything! Label shoes and clothing clearly so things don't get mixed up. We keep "found" items for approximately two weeks, after which time unclaimed items will be donated to Goodwill.
Dress code will be strictly enforced.
There are specific and different dress requirements for each class, so please refer to the list below to ensure you are properly attired.
PLEASE NOTE: There is no private dressing room,so we ask all dancers to arrive at the Academy already properly attired for each class. Hair must be up and fastened securely for each class!
Preschool Combo - Pink leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, black patent leather tap shoes. You may wear a ballet skirt for ballet or an attached tutu to leotard.
K-1 Combo - Black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, black patent leather tap shoes. You may wear a ballet skirt for ballet or attached tutu to leotard.
All other Combo Classes - Black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, flat black tap shoes, black high top Converse sneakers (Chuck Taylors), and black leggings or black bootie shorts to be put on for Hip-Hop and Tap. You may wear a ballet skirt for ballet. For 6/7/8th and up may wear foot undies instead of ballet shoes.
Tap Classes - Black leotard and black leggings or black bootie shorts with tap shoes.
All Ballet and Pointe Classes - Black leotard, pink tights, and pink ballet shoes. No skirts allowed. Hair must be in bun. (Except TECHNIQUE you may wear a colored leotard)
Lyrical Classes - Black leotard, pink tights, ballet skirt, and ballet shoes. Hair must be in a bun.
Acro Classes - Black or colored leotard or Darcy shirt and black leggings with bare feet.
Jazz Classes - Black or colored leotard and black leggings with black jazz shoes. Hair must be in a bun.
Musical Theater Classes - Black leotard and black jazz pants with black jazz shoes.
Hip-Hop Classes - In our Hip-Hop classes we try to allow our students the freedom to dress down. You may wear any kind of "Darcywear" for Hip-Hop classes (Darcy tanktops and shirts, sports bras and bootie shorts, leggings). Wear black high top Converse sneakers (Chuck Taylors). Pajamas and street clothes are NOT acceptable.
Contemporary - Black or colored leotard, pink tights, black bootie shorts. Foot undies. Hair must be bun.
Modern - Black leotard, pink tights, black bootie shorts. Foot undies. Hair must be in a bun.
Torture Classes - Black or colored leotard, pink tights or bootie shorts and sports bra. Worn with foot undies. Hair must be in a bun.